Friday, April 16, 2010

Morning Conversation ....

On the way to pre-school this morning we saw a man pushing a baby stroller along. This brought up several conversations between the boys and myself about each of them as babies. It was very cute and I really enjoyed the trip down memory lane. However, the best part of the conversation for me was at the end when Riley declared, "When I get big I want a baby of my own!" (Cool. Just as long as it's not too soon!!!) In response I explained to him, "That is great Riley. Did you know that when you have a baby I will be the baby's grandma and your daddy will be the baby's Papa?"

Silence ... accompanied by a wide-eyed pondering expression.

Then a big, "Awesome!!!! I didn't know that. You will be Grandma Momma!" Then enormous eruptions of laughter from the backseat from both boys thinking this is just the funniest thing ever. I had to giggle, too. Me. The girl who didn't think she was ever going to be a mom is now having conversations with her children about someday being a grandma to their children. I would never have imagined this. And you know what, I kinda like the sound of Grandma Momma. (Again, as long as it's not too soon!) Oh, good times, indeed = )

No comments: