Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sun & Fun & a Whole Lot More!

Well, where do I begin? I guess I'll start with Wednesday. I went to the hairdresser just to get a trim and while there decided to totally chop my hair on a whim. I think it turned out pretty cute - - it's an angled bob that ends right at my chinline (maybe pics on next post.) I knew Corey wouldn't be too stoked about it as he really wants me to grow my long hair back. I do too, but it's a process and I'm going to have fun with different styles in the meantime. Anyhow, when I walked in he was visibly shocked. He really, truly hates it! I'm glad that we have such an open relationship that we can honestly express our feelings about almost everything to each other. However, I was not prepared for just how strongly he would feel about this new look. Oh well, it's just hair and luckily mine grows fast = ). Over the last few days, the look has "grown" on Corey a bit, but he is also extremely happy to know that this is not a look that will be sticking around permanately!

Thursday we headed out to the fair after work. It was so much fun!!! We took the boys to the petting zoo first, which was adorable. Gage went up to every animal and with his sweet little raspy voice would lean in and say "hi." Too cute! Riley had the uncontrollable giggles any time one of the animals would pokes its head out of the bars. He really enjoyed feeding them snacks. I think the Alpacas were all our favortie ... they were super friendly. Riley also got to ride a pony at the fair. He was a little scared at first and wouldn't let go of mom, but after a couple of circles around the ring he cowboy'd up, held onto the saddle horn and thoroughly enjoyed the ride! Unfortunately, in all of the hustle to get the kids fed and out the door, I forgot the camera. It's too bad, because the experience really would have made for some great pictures. Oh well, there's always next year = )

Friday we got a call from Shawn letting us know that Kari was going into labor early! Due to possible complications from her gestational diabetes and high blood pressure, they decided to go ahead and induce labor for both her and the baby's health. Little Patrick Henry Rath made his joyous entry a little after 7:00 that evening. We are so happy for you guys ... babies truly are a blessing!!! We are so looking forward to watching him grow and see his little personality develop. Welcome to parenthood!

Saturday we discussed heading back out to the fair, but with temps reaching 100, decided that probably wasn't the best idea. Sooooo, this is what we did instead:





This was definitely the best way to spend the day! The boys LOVED the slip n slide - - and so did their daddy! Corey demonstrated numerous times the proper sliding technique for Riley and Gage (he's paying for it the day after!) They never quite got dad's technique down, but they did plenty of sliding in their own little styles = ) They also thought the little water spouts pretty much made up the coolest water fountain ever! They drank quite a bit this way, which was fine with me ... at least I know they were staying hydrated!
We finished out the weekend getting a tour of Gloria's new house and daycare. It is awesome!!! It is an old church out in the country that has been converted to a residence. Did I mention that it is huge?! There is a separate area for the daycare that has several rooms and it's own kitchen. The boys went nuts! They are going to have so much fun out there!!! Probably the cutest thing is one room is set up strictly as a play room and has a jungle gym/slide/tunnel toy in there. Riley has taken to calling this room "the park." Perfect = )
Well, that pretty much wraps up the last couple of days. We are so blessed to be able to have this much fun!

1 comment:

janie said...

Jenny this blog thing is really fun,glad your doin it.
I sent the last couple of batches of pics to Mom,just so ya know.
later,love MOM:)