Friday, August 8, 2008

First night on our own ...

Well, things have gone pretty well so far. The evening started out with some major excitement for Riley. Since Gloria has moved out to the country, we get to see a variety of wildlife each day. This evening while we were leaving for home, we got to see 2 fawns playing and eating not 20 feet from us! They frolicked for about 2 minutes before Riley finally got his window down and yelled "DEER!" This managed to spook them, but it sure was fun to watch them in the meantime! Of course, the rest of the way, Riley saw like 30 other "deer" along the way. Pretty much anything that moved was labeled a deer, but I didn't correct him, he was too excited = ).

Gage is loving his soft diet. He got several of his faves for supper: mac'n'cheese, peas, canned pears and a popcicle. Aside from the peas, these are also some of Riley's favorites, so everyone was happy!

After bath time while I was getting the evening snacks ready, I noticed Riley had disappeared and was eerily quiet. This is typically a very bad sign. So, when I went to investigate this is what I found:


That's right - - he's CLEANING! AWESOME! What a lovely surprise = ) He was very proud, too and showed me all of the things he'd "cleaned" - - as well as the 9 baby wipes that were left strewn about. Anyhow, he cleaned the toyboxes, bed rails, and dressers in both his and Gage's room. What a sweetie! Is there any chance this cleanliness will continue into the teenage years? Please, don't answer that, let me keep the dream ...


After snack, while Riley was attempting to make some potty, I went to check on Gage and this is what I found:



Isn't he just the cutest? He sure loves his music and feels it with every bone in his body! Hopefully he'll gain some coordination along the way to match up with his dancing desire!

Well, that's all for tonight. We had lots of fun and no meltdowns -- mommy included! = ) But, I'm exhausted!

No comments: