Thursday, June 23, 2011

A little of everything ...

Gosh, so much has been going on. I guess that is pretty much the norm these days. First I'll start with an update on my Grandma. She is now back in Russell and her physical therapy seems to be going very well. She is already going up and down the halls - slowly, but surely - with a walker. Now, she's not running any marathons and still has many more weeks of recovery and therapy, but she is doing much better at this point than I think any of us could have expected. I am so thankful for that!

I also finally replaced my camera that was broken during our trip to Russell. We do still have our "big" camera that is better quality, but it doesn't fit very well in my purse = ) I felt lost without my little carry around buddy! During the 5 days (gasp!) that I was without my little camera, I was constantly taking mental pictures and wishing that I could document so many moments with actual photos. So, I finally broke down and got another little buddy. Yay!

Unfortunately, I hadn't had a chance to take it out of the box yet when we went to our pre-school's 3rd Birthday Bash. I am on the parent planning committee for our wonderful little school and we've been planning this all school get together for a while. It was a huge success! We had a "country fair" theme with pot luck bbq, 3-legged races, ring toss games, face painting, a cupcake walk, bean bag games, prizes and more. So fun! I think everyone had a great time and no one left empty-handed or empty-stomached!

When we got home I quickly dug the camera out of the box to snap these pics of Gage. Our little Batman fanatic had a Batman mask and symbol painted on his face. He sooooo loved this! He kept looking in the mirror at himself and giggling. Too cute! Too bad these were taken after the face paint had mostly been sweated off and/or wiped away = (



In other events, haircuts have been the big thing at our house this week. It started with our sweet dog Katie getting her thick coat shaved off for summer. Here's our girl all prettied up with bows in her hair even = )


Next, it's that time of year when Corey shaves his head down bald because it's just too hot. For the second year in a row after watching his daddy do this, Gage decided he wanted his "rock star" hair cut short like daddy's. He looks like a totally different boy!

Riley was next. But, of course, Mr. Independent wanted to do his own. He did a pretty good job, I only had to clean up the sides and neckline a bit!

 The pictures above and the one below were taken at our after church Sunday lunch out. I can't remember if I posted this before or not (and am too lazy to check!) but we have decided to make this a tradition. Each week a different family member gets to pick the restaurant. Corey and I have been trying to choose places that we have never eaten at, or ones that if we have eaten their food we've never been inside them - just take out or drive through. It's been really fun so far and it is the only time we eat something not prepared in our own kitchen. Even though I love to cook , this is something to look forward to. This week was my week and I picked Spangles because I was craving one of their pita sandwiches. Plus, Gage had requested that I choose somewhere he could get a milkshake because he was "STARVING THIRSTY" for one. Gage is always one for the dramatics, but really, how can you deny that?

Here the boys are posing with "the king." There were even real strings on the guitar so the boys were strumming and singing their own song as I took this. I'm sure people there thought I was crazy, but who cares. We were having fun = )

Then there was Father's Day. Corey had a big golf weekend planned with his buddies from back home, so he had a really good time doing that. He wasn't feeling 100% on Sunday however. I'm sure you can figure out why = )~ Soooo, the boys and I gave him the best present we could at the moment and we spent a lot of time outside letting daddy chill and relax to some peaceful quiet on the inside. After our playtime was over Riley and Gage decided daddy needed some snuggles to help him feel better. Judging from the smile on his face I think it may have worked!

After Corey and the kiddos vacated the pull out, Katie decided to claim it as her own. Spoiled girlie!

We also visited Jellystone Park for the first time this weekend to celebrate one of the boys' buddy Kohen's birthday festivities. So fun! We even managed to avoid having our pic-a-nic basket stolen by Yogi Bear = ) Unfortunately with everything I had to pack I somehow forgot to bring my new camera. ?@#&*! Anyhow, we've promised the boys we will go again soon and campout as they just LOVED it and it was reasonably priced.

Here's a parting shot of the boys with my new stability ball and pump. Sadly my old one recently bit the dust (it had a little help from two rowdy munchkins.) Anyhow, it cracks me up how excited Riley and Gage get anytime something new is brought into our home - even if it is just replacing something we've had forever. Gage bounced himself silly around the house with the ball for almost an hour straight while Riley made us "the most beautifullest music in this America" with the pump that emitted a high pitched whistling sound. Yeeouuch! It was definitely a song only a 5 year old, or his mother, could love!

No comments: