Wednesday, June 1, 2011

2 of My Favorite Places ... the Backyard and Dog Park ...

Goodness. I don't know if there are words to describe how happy I am that the weather is finally turning warmer and we can comfortably spend more time outside. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy outside Winter activities as well, but for me, they do not even come close to comparing to Spring and Summer fun. Here are just a few pictures of the outdoor things I enjoy ...


First, spending more time in the backyard adding more plants and flowers. Here I am with my new baby ... rosebush that is = ) Aaaaaannnnd, my favorite new trellis that my hubby and boys constructed for me. Isn't it cool? I think it has an Asian feel to it. I'm hoping to turn this area into a kind of Zen Garden area. Lord knows I could use a little more Zen and meditation in my life!


Next is the dog park. I just love how everything is so green and alive here right now. It is just a wonderful place for all of us to run off some energy and enjoy the fresh air.
Here's Riley, he maybe loves it out here even more than I do. I can seriously see him as a Cross Country runner in the future. This boy just loves to go, go, go! Thankfully I can now keep up with him - at least for the time being!

Taking a little break to remove a layer and enjoy some quality time with a Rolly Polly.

My adventurous and imaginative hunters, aiming for some big game = )

Gage takes his pretend hunting very serisously!

My boys and my Katie-girl, all lined up along the path.
Pretty cute sight!

Katie's on the scent of something!

Now the scent is on Katie. She found a chest deep mud puddle to wallow in - and she loved every minute of it = ) Thank goodness we took the old truck on this trip!

Well, that's just a few snapshots. I have a million more in my head. I wish I could put them all on here so I don't forget a single moment!

No comments: