Monday, May 31, 2010

Let the celebrations begin ...

So, this Thursday kicked off our annual week of celebration ... it begins with Corey's birthday on the 27th, then our anniversary on the 30th, and ends with my birthday on the 3rd. Whew! That's a whole lot of celebrating, but we love it that way = )

The boys wanted to give their daddy "a whole bunch of colorful balloons" for his birthday. So we gave him 10 balloons in a rainbow of colors. I should've taken the picture right away. By the time I took this one, we had been home approximately an hour and a half -- 2 balloons had already bit the dust and 2 more squired away from the bunch for the boys' own personal play things = )

I think the boys were more excited to open daddy's gift than he was!

Riley was definitely more excited after the gift was opened and put together! A new, motorless lawn mower. Fun, fun, fun! Riley loved pushing it up and down the driveway, but came to tears when he couldn't push it in the grass. He's pretty strong, but just doesn't have enough weight behind him to get it through the grass himself. I think his confidence was crushed. Poor guy! Anyhow, Corey really likes his mower. And, what I think he likes the most about the mower is that I like it, too! You see, I never mow. I do not like the noise, the smell of the gas or the hot grass. But, with this thing, mowing was actually fun and good exercise. I even mowed the whole backyard for him on Saturday. That made him smile = )

While I was mowing, Corey started his newest project -- building a pergola over our back patio. It's shaping up nicely, can't wait to see it completed! Of course, when there's power tools and wood involved, Corey had more help than he could handle at times. The boys wanna be just like daddy! Riley especially loves drills and screwdrivers. Fun, fun, fun!

Gage on the other hand couldn't get enough of climbing the ladder. He would get so upset when it was Corey or I's turn to use it! He could hardly wait to get back up there and say, "I'm soooo tall! I'm higher than you! I can see FOREVER!"


Here's our little fruit fanatic. He ate practically half a small watermelon all by himself plus all but 4 strawberries out of a carton --- in less than 2 days!
Thank goodness he likes the healthy stuff = )


In order to keep the sanity -- and allow Corey to actually get some work done -- the boys and I visited several parks over the course of three days which is always a blast! Riley is getting so strong. He loves swinging at the top of each slide and easily flying across the monkey bars. This boy is all go, go, go!

The pergola in progress ... and the handsome devil that I was lucky enough to celebrate 12 years of wedded bliss with on Saturday. Happy Anniversay to my hard-workin' man = )

On Monday morning Riley woke up before everyone else. We heard him tinkering around in the kitchen and asked what he was doing. He said he was making us a special breakfast. This is what he presented us .... frosted brownies sprinkled with .....
no, not powedered sugar or sprinkles ......
it's Parmesan Cheese. Mmm, hmmm, yummy.
He was really bummed that we wouldn't try them. He kept taking bites saying, "They're delicious! They taste sour!" Well, that's a ringing endorsement for brownies if I ever heard it!

Well, that pretty much sums up our fantastic time together over the long weekend. Wish we had more full days together, but tomorrow it's back to the grind. Oh well, at least it's only a 4 day week, plus we still have another celebration to enjoy as well. Looking forward to see what crazy things my boys come up with!

No comments: