Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Entertainment at its best ...

Oh my silly, billy boys. They keep me laughing all day long (when they're not causing steam to come out of my ears, that is = )

First off is my quick on his feet / too smart for his own good eldest son Riley. The things this kid comes up with just amazes me sometimes. For example, he and I were discussing what the appropriate punishment should be for something that is beginning to be a bit of a bad habit for him. I want this unsavory behavior to stop immediately, so we are taking the hard line with him. While explaining that he will get no more warnings if he continues his shenanigans, he countered with this ... "How about instead of you giving me a spanking, I just give you a big smooch?" All the while with his cute, but ever-so-ornery little grin. I tried, but I could not hold back the giggles on this one. Oh boy, he is so smart. If only he would use his powers for good instead of trouble!




Then there's Gage. So sweet, so compliant ... welllll, mostly compliant anyhow. No matter what question you ask him, he will tell you the correct answer (i.e. answer you want to hear) in his sweetest and most sincere-sounding voice. However, his follow-through is not always as on point. He's trying, though. My mom says he sounds like a politician in the making. Oh, boy!



While watching American Idol the other evening, there was a young teenage singer on named Justin Bieber. Maybe you've heard of him? Apparently everyone else in America has besides me. Anyhow, after watching the little teenage phenomenon sing, Gage couldn't stop immitating the guy he calls "The Beaver Boy." Ha! Anyhow, here's his rendition of his song "Baby" ...

Lastly, this weekend Corey started the construction of the pergola over out patio. I can't wait until this is completed! In the meantime, however, the boys want to offer their daddy just a little more help than he needs, so we got a little something to distract them and enjoy this summer ... thank goodness it's finally getting hot out!!!!!

No comments: