Friday, June 4, 2010

Celebrate good times ... Come On! ... Let's celebrate ...

Oh how I love my boys! We had such a great time celebrating my birthday! There were some shenanigans and frustrations along the way (of course, this is just how things happen with us ... but that's cool, we get through it then appreciate to the smoothe times even more!!! = ) Anyhow, after some communication errors, we all finally met up at CiCi's for my birthday dinner. This was Riley and Gage's choice because, and I quote, "Mom it's awesome there! You get to eat pizza AND play video games!" Really, what more could a mom ask for on the mark of her 36th year young? So, we had a great time doing just that!

Me and Riles hangin'
(and yes, I'm wearing my sunglasses inside ... I was still a little frazzled from my day at this point and didn't even realize I still had them on until I saw the picture!)

Happy, happy Gage. This boy loves him some CiCi's pizza. Can you tell?


Here's a little video of why Riley was so stoked to take me to CiCi's. He absolutely LOVES this boat driving video game. This is actually one of the calmer videos. He gets seriously excited while playing this ... and loud!
I'm sure everyone in the restaurant really appreciated his enthusiasm = )


When we got home, the boys could hardly wait to help daddy present me with this awesome card! I LOVE IT!!! Especially the stick-figure drawing of Corey and the boys at the bottom = )

After some fantastic birthday song singing and ice cream, I had to open my present before Riley and Gage exploded. To them, it is just too much to see a wrapped present just sitting there ... those things need to be opened immediately don't you know?! So, after torturing them a little by procrastinating as much as I could (terrible, I know ... I'm calling it a lesson in patience) I finally opened my gift. It is exactly what I wanted! Thank you Corey for being such a good husband and picking up on all of the hints I've been hanging out there = )
Yay! My new sewing machine! I was so excited I couldn't wait to try it out!!!! The boys enjoyed checking it out as well and were looking all over for things for mommy to sew! Riley particularly liked helping press the foot pedal ... "Mom! This sew machine is fun to drive!!!"
So, all in all, it was a pretty fabulous day. The only thing that would've made it better is if I would've had the winning lottery ticket. But (and caution ... serious cheesiness ahead) with having such an amazing family, it's like I've already won the lottery. Thank you guys, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

No comments: