Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School!

Well, today the boys started at their new daycare/school. I have been so worried about the transition I have almost been making myself sick. But, thankfully, it was all for naught. The teachers and the director there are great and didn't make fun of me or make me feel silly for asking a bajillion questions, or calling several times throughout the first day to check in on how the boys were doing. When I dropped the boys off this morning I was hoping for the best, but preparing myself for a barrage of tears and pleadings of me not to leave. I was pleasantly surprised, nothing of the sort happened. Actually, just the opposite! They jumped right in to playing with the other kids and barely blinked an eye when I left. Riley was a little concerned at first because we dropped him at his classroom first. As I left to take Gage to his classroom, Riley was afraid Gage was going to get to play in the gymnasium and he was not. Priorities! But, once I explained again just what we were doing, and his great teacher told him that she was going to take him and his new friends in there after a little while, all was fine. I am so relieved! Each time I called throughout the day the teachers were so kind and explained to me exactly what the kids were doing and how they were doing. Then, when I finally got there to pick them up, I was actually in Gage's room for about 2 minutes talking to his teacher before he even noticed! So, all in all, it was a great first day and my nerves have calmed substantially. Hopefully, it continues this smoothly from here on out = ) Below are a few pictures from the night before and the big day ...
Riley looking way too old preparing for his first day of school!
Gage the night before showing off his full backpack.

Riley way ahead of us ... he couldnt' wait to start school!


On the way into the school, Gage's backpack was about to knock him over -- but, of course, he wanted to carry it himself!


Riley digging right in to the fun stuff during free play at drop off time. Gage also checked some things out while I conversed with the lead teacher. Miss Chelsea was great and really helped set my mind at ease!


Gage in his classroom. This is right after he told me, "Bye momma. See you later!" He already felt comfortable in his new surroundings ... no tears or drama or anything = )


These next couple of pieces of paper will probably be boring to most of you, but I'm sure Grandma and Papa will love them ...

Each day the teachers send home a report sheet of the days activities and little description about how things went. Here are each of the boys reports:

Riley
Gage

Also, the director sends out newsletters to keep parents up to date on happenings at the center/school. This one went out today already welcoming Riley and Gage to their new classes. We just signed up yesterday! The promptness gets an A+ in my book = ) I was also excited to read that they will be getting pictures taken soon. Can't wait!

(front)

(back)


Well, that about wraps it up. It was a super day, but I'm exhausted. The kids were also so tuckered out they even went to bed early. Wish us luck that each days goes as great as this!







2 comments:

WatchingTwoGrow said...

I am so happy you and the boys found a place you like! It looks like a lot of fun :)

Grandma :) said...

2 and 3 and goin to school, I suppose they will be bigger than their back packs before we know it:)