Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Welcome Home Mr. Fireball Pickles!


Here is the newest addition to the Huber Household: Mr. Fireball Pickles. He is a multi-colored Betta and already much loved by Riley and Gage. The boys both agreed to keep the Pickles name alive. And, after vetoing all of my name suggestions, Riley came up with Fireball all by himself (and is pretty proud of it!) He is certainly my son as the fish he picked out closely resembles the Betta fish my sister and I had as kids that I named Starfire. Is it coincidence that the colors are eerily the same and both have/had "fire" in the name? Probably. But, I'd like to think that maybe somewhere in there we have a little bit of connection -- an internal knowing that only family can share -- that helped lead him to his choices = ) Regardless, Mr. Fireball Pickles will never replace Mr. Indigo Pickles, but for Riley, his presence sure is taking the sting out of losing his first pet. I pray that we all get to enjoy each other's company for a great long while = )

No comments: