Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sweet Grace ...

First off, I apologize in advance if this post loses it's way at times. I am very emotional while writing this. Our sweet, sweet, Gracie girl has been diagnosed with cancer. It's in her bones. It sucks and she will not be with us for much longer. She has been my best friend for almost 8 years now. She is my girl. Just ask my dad and my husband -- she's ruined as a bird dog if I'm along as all she wants to do is hang by my side. Just try to get her to retrieve a ball to you if I'm in the backyard -- no matter who throws it, she'll bring it to me every time. Even more than that, she's my loving, snuggling, vibrant, always ready to play, loves everyone, doesn't have a mean bone in her body dog. She's the kind of dog that no matter how hard my kids hug her, how many times they steal her bone or get into her food, or turn her water tank into an impromptu swimming hole, she'll never even think of growling or getting gruff. She's a roll with the punches, love you as you are, let's have fun kind of gal. She's not just a dog, she's a member of the family. And I love her. We all love her. And we'll miss her dearly.


Me and My Girl.
Look at that face - pure sweetness.


Always wanting to be in on the action.


Hey guys can I play, too?

Always up for fun, fun, fun.

The cancer is spreading fast and she is starting to have difficulty eating. Please pray with me that she will go peacefully in her sleep. If not, we'll have to do the humane thing and euthanize her soon as the pain medication is less effective each day. I hate to even think of this, but we must do what's best for her. I love you Gracie!




No comments: