Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Corey!!!

Well, my darling hubby turned 34 years young today. Hooray!Add Video The boys and I started his day out right by serving him one of favorite breakfasts -- french toast and scrambled eggs with fresh coffee. Yum! Then we sent him to work. Boo! Oh well, it gave us time to make him a special birthday card on the computer with a favorite pic of him and his sons. But, boo again as Riley or Gage did something to the printer so it won't print anything. At least Corey got to see it on the monitor, though!

Below is a picture of our driveway. The neighbor girls made sure Corey knew many well wishes were being sent his way = )

He appreciated the salutations, but was admittedly a little disappointed. You see, a few weeks back there was a beautiful, loaded, 2009 F150 truck that had been recovered after a theft from one of our customers. In these situations, the claims department offers employees a chance to bid on the recovered item. I had shown him pictures of the truck, but advised that my bid had not been accepted. (No surprise, the bid I could afford was less than 1/2 the book value of the vehicle - - but it was worth a shot!) Anyhow, for a brief second, when I told him to come out and look at the driveway, he thought maybe, just maybe, that truck would be sitting out there for him. I sooo wish I could have done this for him! I will. Someday. When we win the lottery = )

So, anyhow, after a long day at work, we came home to officially celebrate Daddy's big day. The boys came into the house singing Happy Birthday while I carried the cake. We prepared one of Corey's favorite dishes, chicken fajitas, then feasted. Riley and Gage didn't eat very much as they wanted to be sure to have room for dessert! Gage kept saying that he wanted to "stick my finger in it and lick it!" Riley just kept chanting, "I need cake. I need cake." For them, the cake and ice cream is way more important than the presents or the meal beforehand!

Anyhow, below is a quick video of the boys singing to their daddy and helping him blow out the candles. What a great way to celebrate = )

Happy Birthday Corey (Daddy) -- WE LOVE YOU ... YOU'RE THE BEST HUSBAND/FATHER A FAMILY COULD HAVE!!!!!

1 comment:

Janie said...

too cute! my face is startin to hurt from smileing and laughing so much:)