Saturday, May 9, 2009

Week O' Fun: Days 5, 6, and 7

This has been the best week -- with today being the coup de gras! Happy Mother's Day to me and all of you other wonderful mommies out there -- especially my own = )

The past few days have been filled with so much fun and love, I honestly don't know how I'll survive going back to the office. I will, obviously, but I will miss my boys so much more after experiencing all of the great moments we've had all week. I guess I'll just have to check back on this blog from time to time throughout the day to get my mommy fix and relive the memories .
Below are a couple of pictures from our Friday field trip to daddy's work. The boys love going to airport (or airplane port if you ask Gage!) Corey's love of aircraft has definitely rubbed off on the boys. Riley has even decided that he is going to be a helicopter pilot when he grows up. That sure makes his daddy proud = )

The boys getting to check out a plane that
Corey's working on, up close.
A HUGE thrill for all of them!

Going for a spin on the tractor.

Watching Corey's boss do his pre-flight before taking off. They are watching every move with the utmost intensity!
Watching the takeoff with daddy.
Friday afternoon turned out to be quite warm so we enjoyed more time in the backyard with the sprinkler going full blast. Both the grass and the boys benefitted!


With so much watering, the lawn definitely needed some mowing!
Bulldozing some sand. Check out the concentration!


Future Hall of Famer.
Seriously, check out that form!

Taking the sports car through the "car wash."

Riley devouring WaterMountain
(that's watermelon to you folks out there who don't know Gage's special language = )

Who's afraid of getting a little muddy? Not my boys!

Riley has not met any mud or muck he does not like. What a dirty boy!

Another day another park. Riley checking out the view.

Big winding slides never get old for this little fella!


Riley took this picture of me on Mother's Day. Can't you just see how happy I am? Love it!

For Mother's Day I got an unexpected present. My computer monitor went out on Friday (thus the delay in posting days 5 & 6.) Sooooo, I got to go out to Best Buy and get myself a new fancy flat screen. Much better than the huge old classic style that was 2 feet deep on my desk! Corey and the boys also got me a brand new blender. Yay! I soooo needed this. I've been using the same blender I got in college, at a garage sale, for $5.00, way back in the fall of 1992. Seventeen long years ago. Yes, it was definitely time. The boys love smoothies, so they will benefit as well. The ice will now actually be tiny pulverized bits instead of small-ish chunks. Much easier to suck through a straw = )

Corey also did it up right with getting breakfast ready for us all and then preparing a huge feast for dinner. Smoked ribs, potato salad, corn on the cob, baked beans. Yep, he went all out and it was wonderful. I also managed to squeeze in a nap today as well as give myself a well-deserved and overdue manicure and pedicure. Plus, with it being kind of a soggy, grey day, the boys were very snuggly and cuddly today. The perfect ending to a magnificent week.

No comments: