Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Celebrate Good Times ... Come On! Let's Celebrate ...

Saturday was our 11 year wedding anniversary. Wow. I can't believe it's been that long, yet at the same time, I can hardly believe it's only been 11 years. We've been together so long now and through so much, it's almost as if we've just always been by each other's sides. It's a great feeling! Anyhow, we commemorated our anniversary by celebrating the marriage of some our dear friends, Zach and Dinah. They had a beautiful outdoor wedding on a bridge that spanned the Smokey Hill River. A really lovely setting. Afterwards, we enjoyed a booty-shaking good time at the reception. Gosh, I think Corey and I danced for almost 3 hours straight. It was so fun! We don't go out dancing much anymore, so that was quite a treat for us as we both enjoy dancing.


While we enjoyed our outing, the boys got spoiled getting to stay with Grandma and Papa Soukup and Great Grandma Galyardt. Riley and Gage are still reliving their fun telling and re-telling their adventures (although, each time they change a little bit and sometimes tigers and dinosaurs enter the story that weren't there before = D) The favorite still seems to be the walk to Dairy Queen and describing the excavating equipment they got to see, in motion, on their way. Heavy equipment and ice cream -- the perfect combo for my boys!


The next day we got to enjoy a little fun in the sun with Corey's parents. We met them at Marion Lake and spent a little time on the water. The boys were thrilled! They had a really good time, but were very sad to leave. Hopefully, next time we can stay much longer!


Riley driving the boat with Papa Huber. "Driving" was definitely his favorite thing to do.

Gage "fishing" with Grandma Huber. He kept yelling down into the water, "Fishies come here!"

Here's the boys giving themselves a spa treatment. They mud baths are good for the skin, right?

Yuck!


Very pleased with himself.

Each of the boys had to take an "outside" bath before they could come inside for a real bath. They were just too filthy!


Well, today is my 35th birthday. Yikes! I'm officially over the halfway point of my thirties. I just hope the 2nd half is as good as the first has been. It's brought me two wonderful little boys and more than love than I could have ever asked for. I'm blessed = )



No comments: