Sunday, September 21, 2008

So much to say ...


Well, we started off the weekend with a bang. Bright and early Saturday morning I headed out to help with the set up for the Cooper's Cause Fun Run/Walk. Corey and the boys met me out there later to participate in the event. Riley and Gage really enjoyed the pre-run stretching routine. Gage also treated those around him prior to the race start to some of his famous dance moves. He was a big hit = ) I was stationed at the one-mile turnaround point for the walkers. Once Corey and the boys arrived at this point, there was no proceeding any further without mom coming along, so they helped me cheer on the participants and Riley even doled out a couple of high fives to the runners = ) Too cute! We all had so much fun, but the most important part is that the event was a huge success!

The pics to the right are of the boys in their Cooper's Cause shirts. I wish I could have gotten them to stand still long enough to get a picture of the back that says Coop's Troops. They are really adorable.
After the boys went down for their nap, I headed to my appointment with the Nutritionist/Dietician. She was really helpful and gave me some great tips on easy and tasty ways to increase my soluble fiber. She also gave me a list of heart healthy foods and provided a 14 day menu. I'm really excited about all of the choices and taking these steps to make myself a healthier person.

The afternoon turned out to be absolutely beautiful, so we decided to take advantage of it and take our dogs out to the dog park for a hike. Gracie and Katie so love to go out there and sniff around and meet other dog buddies. The kids really enjoy it, too with all of the different breeds running around, as well as all of the various bugs. Yes, they are all boy! One leg of our hike was especially entertaining for Riley. Long, spindly tree roots were exposed crossing the path in several areas along the way. Each time he saw one, he'd yell "stick!" then bend down and try to pluck it out of its resting place. It didn't matter how many times we tried to explain that they were stuck in the ground and not coming out, his determination was not swayed. We eventually just went with it and let him try them all until he finally came to his own conclusion that the roots were there to stay.
Riley and Gage are both still dealing with this odd virus thing, too. They still do pretty well in the morning, but then as the day goes on, the fever starts in. I think Gage may be over it now as he hasn't had a fever since Saturday evening. Riley, on the other hand was really tired this afternoon and starting running a high fever again after dinner. I think I'll call the doc again tomorrow to see when we start worrying if this doesn't quit soon. I hate it when my babies are sick and there's nothing I can do to make it better.
And, finally, I'm going to end on some great news. As if I'm not busy enough, I have been working on setting up a home-based business for the last couple of months and as of now am officially open for business! I'm making hand beaded bracelets and am having so much fun doing it. Mother's bracelets, father's bracelets, kid's bracelets - you name it, I'll make it. Check out my site if you have a chance: http://geminigemssite.com/. If you know anyone in the market for this type of item, please send them my way. I greatly appreciate it! = )

1 comment:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

Fiber is good. I'm getting a lot of polydextrose (a fiber-like substance) in my diet, from Kellogg's All-Bran Iced Tea Fiber Drink Mix. The polydextrose seems to help me a lot, especially since I need fiber to keep things "moving" on my low-carb diet. Best wishes.