Friday, September 5, 2008

Busy, busy, busy ...

Well, we've been super busy lately with the kids, work, projects and what not, so it's been a little while since I posted. Let's start out with my favorite part of the holiday weekend ... more time with sweet baby Patrick and his awesome parents Shawn & Kari. Patrick is now a month old and so freakin' cute I can hardly stand it! I loved getting to see him and hold him and snuggle him for a little bit. I even loved it when he puked all over me = ) The boys really enjoyed seeing him, too. Of course, they were most interested in him when it was time for him to leave and get strapped into his car seat. Kids and their timing - rarely in synch with what you want. Check out the picture above, don't you just love the face that baby is making = ) Make sure to click on the pic to enlarge for the full effect. Love it!

It was so nice to get to spend time with Shawn and Kari, too. I really miss having them so close. They are such good people and great friends. We are lucky to have them in our lives.

In the morning before their visit I was straightening up the house and pulled a major boo boo. Gage was working on getting another tooth and dealing with a stupid summer cold. The perfect prescription for him to be a big-time momma's boy. He wanted mom to hold him the whole time. He kept crying while I was trying to vacuum and saying mommy, mommy, mommy. Well, you know I can't just let my baby cry for me ... so, I picked him up and continued to vacuum while holding him. Even when I was doing it, I knew this was a bad idea because this is what I was doing the last time my herniated disc became irritated. Well, lo and behold, after a couple pulls, pushes and twists -- OUCH! There it went again. By Tuesday the pain was so bad I had to leave work early. I finally got into the doctor on Wednesday and she prescribed me some high dose Ibuprofen with a kick and some muscle relaxers. I can't get in for my epidural injection for another week and a half, but at least the meds are finally making it tolerable.

Riley has been especially clingy to me lately ... not sure what's going on there. He wants mom to do everything - bath, diapers, potty time, put his meal together, put him to bed, etc. Which, I usually do most of these, but Corey usually swoops in to take care of breakfast and has been doing baths this week since my back is so messed up. However, Riley has been giving him an exceptionally hard time this week. He wouldn't even let Corey put his breakfast tray in front of him the past 2 mornings. He wanted mom to do it. Bless his heart, I love the kid, but mom needs a break every now and then. Plus, I know it gets to Corey sometimes. It's got to be so frustrating to him. He is so good with the kids, but sometimes, no matter how hard he tries, they still just want mom. I know it's just a phase and I should enjoy it, 'cuz Lord knows they'll be true big boys soon and will want nothing but to hang with dad and do man stuff. But, a break for me and little extra love for dad right now would be nice, too.
Well, TGIF. The weekend's almost here. My whole internal schedule has been off with the previous 3 day weekend (not that I'm complaining about a 3 day weekend - that would be crazy!) Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to another couple of days hanging with my boys and getting some things accomplished around the house. Have a great weekend!






1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hey I am so glad to hear your friends finally were blessed with a little one. He is a cutey, and so are Riley and Gage. Of course you already knew that. Your blog and another friends motivated me to give it a shot, so I am glad we can all keep up to date now. Talk to you later-Lots of Love-Debbie