Sunday, March 13, 2011

Riley is 5!

Well, another year has passed and I can hardly believe the sweet little angel baby I cradled in my arms is now such a big boy! Riley, we all love yo so much and are so proud of the helpful, funny, sentimental, athletic young man you are becoming!

We started out this special day surprising Riley with decorations and a super fun 45 minute game of balloon volleyball in the living room. I wish we had time to start every day like that. I think all our bellies hurt from laughing so hard!

Soon after, the family started to trickle in for the celebration.
Here's Riley posing with Grandpa Huber and Papa Soukup.

From here we headed to Lawrence Fire Station #1 for a tour.
(I totally recommend for anyone living in Lawrence, it was so fun and it's free!)
Riley and his best buddy, Kohen - they can't believe the firemen just said they could touch ANYTHING!
From there on out it was a button pushing, lever pulling, equipment trying extravaganza!

Hunter, Riley, and Kohen checking things out from the driver's seat.
Several of us adults had to check it out, too. This was their newest truck,
only 2 months old. Very cool.

The future firemen getting suited up = )

Each of the boys got a turn getting strapped onto the gurney and loaded into the medic truck.
They thought it was a blast!
Personally, I hope this is the first, last, and only time I see any of them near a gurney!

Me and my niece, Paige. She's 12 and already taller than me!
She is such a sweet girl = )

The boys sitting on the front of the firetruck with the lights going. Talk about excitement!]

After that fun adventure we headed to Riley's favorite place to eat - CiCi's!

Pizza and video games, the perfect combo for busy little boys = )



Then it was home for cake and presents.
Here's Riley's cake. I wasn't sure how I was gonna fit all of those vehicles onto the cake, but I think we made it work. The boys had a lot of input on the design. Riley loved it and I had so much fun making it!

Apparently Riley thought it tasted pretty good, too. He couldn't shovel it in fast enough = )

Corey confiscating one of Riley's presents for himself.
Who doesn't love a toy bow and arrow?

Kohen and Riley - best buddies with matching frosting faces = )

Snuggle time with Grandma Soukup!

All in all, I think it was a pretty darn good day and fun was had by all = )

No comments: