Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Who are these guys?

We're not sure what's going on around here lately, but we definitely don't want to jinx it. It's no secret that our boys are a super-duper-rambunctious-handful of crazy, however there has been a strange change in the air. The sassafras and tantrums are starting to become few and far between instead of every, oh let me see, 2 or 3 minutes! It's been lovely to have these cooperative fun little guys around! Now, don't get me wrong, there is still the occasional meltdown, but those are lot easier to deal with when the memory of the last incident has already faded = )

One of our recent favorite outings was taking the boys to Carlos O'Kelley's. We rarely go to restaurants because a) it's too expensive, b) I actually enjoy cooking homemade meals for my family, and c) you never know if the Jeckyll boys or the Hyde boys will be accompanying us. Luckily on this trip the good boys showed up! They loved the atmosphere, food, and mexican music playing in the background. Such a fun family night out!




Riley ordered this cheese sauce to dip his chips in and ate almost the whole bowl! He would share when asked, but somehow the bowl always ended up right back in front of him.
He loved this stuff = )

No surprise, Gage was super into the coloring activity the restaurant provided. My little artist!

After the cheese sauce was demolished, the music got the best of the boys and they just had to bust a move a two.

Ugh! I hate that I cut the top of Gage's head off on this one, but he was just so bouncy! I had to post it anyway 'cuz I just LOVE that smile = )

With the weather being so hot, Gage finally agreed to let me cut his hair. I was just going to trim it up so he wouldn't sweat so much, but once he saw Riley giggling while getting tickled with the clippers, he wanted his hair short in back too, so I obliged. Here's the little cutie after his first haircut of the day ....

Riley with his short spikey new 'do.

A short while after the first round of haircuts Gage went up to Riley and rubbed his spiked hair. Next he went up to Corey and asked his daddy to take off his hat. Corey has a real short buzz going on right now. The next thing I know, here comes Gage requesting his hair be buzzed like daddy. Really? He has such beautiful red hair, it was hard for me to comply with this request, but I did. It's his hair after all. Annnnd, he LOVES it! I think for the first couple of days his hand was constantly up feeling his new fuzzy buzzy cut. Too cute!

A shot of the matching buzzes during wrestlemania!

This weekend we took the boys down to the Kansas River which was flowing full force. We had a great time discussing water safety and showing the kiddos the power of currents.

Riley telling us a story before our adventure begins ..

Down by the River ...

Just a nature shot I liked = )
After our river adventure we went home and had some good ol' family time in the backyard. As the sun began to set, we started a bonfire in the fire pit per the boys request. It doesn't matter how hot it is outside to them, it's never too hot to have a fire! While out there, the radio station we were listening to started an old school 80's punk rock show. The boys totally dug this crazy music and we spent the next hour dancing like maniacs and giggling like crazy. I haven't had that much fun in a while. Thank you God for blessing me with my boys!!!

I know there are a ton of other things I wanted to share, but they are escaping me at the moment. I need to start taking notes! Anyhow, the fair is this week, so that should make for some exciting adventures as well. Even though it is hot and dirty, it is still always one of our favorite things to do each year! Stay tuned ...

No comments: