Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Misery ... with Sparklies.

Ugh. We are praying for health over here. Too much sickness for too long. It started Friday when I had a sour stomach but headed to work anyhow as our tech guy was coming to install new computers (yay for that!) and my boss was not in town. It didn't take long to realize that I would not be able to this all day though and had to call my boss. I don't think he was too happy about it, but he let me close the office early due to illness. Thank goodness because in the meantime, Riley had gotten really sick and had to stay home. He continued a vomit and diahrrea cycle from Friday morning through late Saturday night. He wretched so much that streaks of blood started to appear in his throw up. Thank goodness again for the Nurse Line through St Luke's who calmed my fears - a little - and advised what to watch for that would warrant a trip to the ER. Luckily, we avoided that trip. Riley's intestinal issues continue as of now, Tuesday morning. Gage, I guess, was feeling left out and started in with the heaving Monday afternoon. His is not nearly as severe as Riley's, thank goodness. If Riley continues on I think we are going to have to make a trip to the doctor as he has lost 4 pounds this weekend which is huge for such a skinny boy. Yuck, I hate it when my boys are sick!!!!

We did try to get out and have a little fun on the fourth between bathroom visits and rain showers. Here's a pic of a few daytime fireworks. We didn't even get through them all before Riley was asking to go inside and lay down = (


Shooting off some poppers.
My poor little muscle man was too weak to even pull the string himself.
Just as last year, Gage loved his "sparklies!"

One of the boys favorites was the smoke bombs. I love these, too.
Lots of color without so much danger and noise = )


Geez, just look at that face. If you look like that even when you're holding a sparkler that couldn't hardly wait for, you know that's misery = (

When night fell and the rain tampered to a light sprinkle, we headed out for a few night time pretties. Once again Riley was more than ready to go in after a just a few. He really wanted to see them, but didn't even have the energy to light off any himself. Gage, on the other hand, was a wild man. I wish I would've taken some video. He was so excited to light everything and once we were finished with our supply, he excitedly ran up and down the driveway, then the sidewalk, screaming like a banshee and checking out all of the neighbors explosions. He is so like his daddy with his pyro enthusiasm!
Gage with a sparkler.


A big, beautiful boomer set off by one of the neighbors.


Additionally we got some really bad news on Monday that Corey's Grandma Lawrenz had a stroke that morning. Her vision seems to be very impaired because of it. Please pray that this is only temporary and she will recover quickly.
Well, that's it for now. Hopefully we'll all be the picture of health by our next post!

No comments: