Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tom Petty and Drive By Truckers!

Ahhhhhhh! I don't know where to start! I am such a lucky girl! For my birthday, my awesome hubby honored my request and got me tickets to see Tom Petty. So, since I received these tickets a long time ago, I've been patiently waiting for the show date to arrive. One of my best girlfriends came to town to go with me. Allie and I had so much fun! This girl and I used to hang out almost all day every day. We were roommates, co-workers and best friends. She introduced me to my hubby. And she is just sincerely one of the sweetest people on the planet. It is always so great to hang out with her, no matter if it's been years since the last time we got together, we just pick right up like we've never been apart. These types of friends are few and far between and I am so grateful to count her as one of mine. The other thing Alison is, is a huge Tom Petty fan. We spent many nights - "back in the day" - singing our hearts out to his songs and this night was just like old times (with the exception of all the talk about our kiddos and hubbies - that adds a fun new twist = ) It's amazing how live music can just make me feel like a teenager -- or at least a carefree twenty-something -- again! A big thank you to my hubby for making this happen and to my girl Allie for sharing the time with me and all the reminiscing of our youth = )

Allie and me as we entered the Sprint Center.
The show begins ...
(I just had my little camera that doesn't have much zoom, wish I could've gotten better pics!)

They had a really great light show to go with the music.

The final bow.


I tried to load a video of my favorite song of the night - Learning to Fly. The sound quality of my camera is terrible, but the end part of the video where the crowd is singing still gives me goosebumps! Unfortunately, either the file is too big or I'm not smart enough to get it done. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon and I'll post it right away = )

1 comment:

Alison Berger said...

Jen- You wrote such sweet words on what we have experienced over the years. I feel very fortunate to have you in my life!! Thanks to you and Corey for planning such an awesome night!!!!! I love the pics (although I have such a cheeseball smile going on!!) I also agree that the Learning to Fly number was the best!! Love ya!! Allie