Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Weekend Fun plus More Yuck! ....

We started off the weekend to Shear Madness in Olathe. This place is amazing, although, you do pay a little for this amazingness -- but all in all, it's worth it. You see, since the boys have been born, I have always cut their hair myself. I do a fair job, but I'm definitely no professional. Part of the reason we have never ventured out to have their hair trimmed is the thought of trying to get these 2 rambunctious balls of energy to sit still long enough for the event to actually occur and potentially be worth the stress and money was unfathomable. But, as Riley and Gage are maturing, our trips out into public are slowly but surely becoming not only more tolerable, but actually enjoyable. Finally! Anyhow, I had heard of this place from another mom and thought it was time we gave it a try. It was really cool. They have various cars that the kiddos can sit it in while getting their hair cut and also a great play area with toys that they can enjoy while waiting. Of course, the entry is also the equivalent of a mini-toy store with everything eye level and overpriced, but I gotta say, it's effective! Anyhow, the boys did really well. They have never remained that still for that long for my barber adventures that's for sure! The results were pretty good and I'd have to say that even though I ended up paying more than I would have liked, it was worth it = )

Gager in his race car. He had a great time making race car sounds and "driving" all during the appointment. We'll forgive him for choosing a Tony Stewart car. This time...
Here's Riley cruisin' old style in a 50's Chevy. It even had little foot pedals inside to keep him busy and burn some excess energy. Bonus!

After that adventure, we headed back to Bass Pro Shop again as it was just down the road from the hair place. Since the boys have been relatively good, I caved to standing in line again to visit Santa. It was worth it. The boys really enjoyed their second time around with the jolly old fellow much more than the first. I even got the photo for the Christmas card I was hoping for = )
With each visit to Santa, the store offers a ticket for a free kids meal. The boys were ravenous after our long morning of errands so we decided to give it a shot. The food was pretty darn good and with the kids eating free it was actually quite affordable. Another bonus!

Riley thoroughly enjoying his meal -- and being quite dramatic in the process!
(yes, I know what you're thinking - - and yes, I do take my camera everywhere and photograph everything! you just never know what you might catch and in the ever immortal words of Aerosmith ... "I don't wanna miss a thing!")
All of the excitement proved too much for the boys on the car ride home and I got the pleasure of snapping another peaceful shot. Love these!The next couple of shots are pretty random, but I thought they were cute and wanted to share ...


After Riley and I's bike ride, we stopped to play outside a little while. Here he is making making "snowball soup" in the ditch in front of our house. Love the imagination!

One of Riley's close-up pictures of the Christmas tree. He loves it almost as much as I do!

Another of Riley's shots. I am so glad he took this one, though, as I have a story I've been meanting to tell about this particular Santa. We have several strewn thoughout the house and little Gage likes to go around and talk to each of them. However, according to him, this particular Santa is not a Santa at all ... to him, this particular figurine is God. That works for me. It gives us just one more reminder of the real reason for the season and a great chance to talk more about all of our blessings = )

Well, this week was already looking pretty busy and hectic with the last of the holiday prep needing to be attended to, Christmas parties, work, jewelry orders, and just life in general. Then, Tuesday morning we get the dreaded call from pre-school: Gage is sick. Great! It's the flu. Again. Yuck!!! Let's pray it leaves us as quickly as the last round and that the rest of us manage to stay healthy! Good tidings and good health to all!

No comments: