Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas ...

Just gotta start off with I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR! Ok, now that we have that proclamation out of the way, here a few snapshots from the season that make me smile:

Gage helping me decorate the tree. I LOVE our Christmas tree. Many of the ornaments were handed down to me from my grandmother. It helps me feel closer to her to see them and reminisce about all the wonderful times I've enjoyed with her and my grandpa over the years. It's also, if I do say so myself, just about the prettiest darn tree in town = )

On Saturday we ventured to Bass Pro Shop to visit Santa, do a little shopping, and get some more ideas for the kiddos wish list. During the trip, Corey was the boys hero when he wrestled this large brown bear and walked away the victor = )

Top item on Gage's wish list is a quad. We had to practially pry him off of this one. Well, we'll find out for sure if there's really a Santa, 'cuz it would definitely be a Christmas miracle if this showed up under the tree! Maybe next year, kiddo ... keep on dreamin' big, though!

Oh the boys were so excited to meet Santa. They did so well and even told Santa what they wanted for Christmas. However, I think seeing about 500 people staring at them kind of freaked them out a little and this is the best picture we could get. Riley kept being shy and looking away, while Gage forced a "cheese" but not much smile to match it. So much for my dreams of the perfect Christmas card! Oh well, I love it anyway = )

Here's another one of my favorite things about this time of year, getting to display this beautiful piece that my grandpa handcrafted (and Corey puts much TLC into each year.) The first night it was out was kind of tough, though. Riley was extra excited about it and asked several questions. When I explained that my grandpa made it, he wanted to know where my grandpa was. I explained that he is in heaven and went there when he was just a baby. He immediately broke into tears and sobbed he didn't want my grandpa to be in heaven, he wanted him here. I agreed with him, but tried to console him by explaining that he needed to be up there to help take care of Gracie. That, coupled with an extra long hug, seemed to help ease his sorrows a little.

Then, Gage beaned him with a snowball and it was on! Here they are running in the first snow.

Gage hanging on the tree trying to shake the snow off ... silly boy!
Riley getting ready to peg me with a snowball. So ornery!

Gage - busted trying to sneak up on me. Check out that look of determination!


Catching snowflakes = )


After exerting all that energy playing in the snow, the boys needed to refuel. Here Gage is working on his 3rd bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup! (which he followed with 2 bowls of cereal and an apple ... talk about a hungry boy!!!)

Well, that's it for now, just wanted to share a few of my faves. Let the festivities begin. Fun, fun, fun!

1 comment:

Grandma Soukup said...

Jenny, your Dad and I enjoyed the pics as always.
I'm sure Grandpa Galyardt is smileing in heaven and has a warmed heart knowing that Riley wants him to be here with him.
Warmed my heart too! Oh my sweet tender hearted boy, just like his Mom :)