Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wow - What a Week!

Well, the week started out pretty crummy as it was Riley's turn to have the pukeys. Yuck! Luckily, since he is a year older than Gage, it is a little easier to deal with as he at least gives us warning and can usually make his ickiness into the puke pan. But, it is still awful, nonetheless. Thankfully, it only lasted about a day -- or more correctly, a night and a morning -- and then he was past the upheavals and feeling better for the most part. As I think I mentioned before with Gage, when the kiddos have the flu, I line the living room floor with towels for cover and this is pretty much where I camp out with the sicko until he is past the vomiting. Well, with Riley being sick during the night, I had to put my best ninja-like skills to the test. With every slight stirring, I would fly to my baby's side, puke pan in hand, and help him hover over it so as to provide him comfort, while also avoiding as much clean-up as possible. Unfortunately, these old bones aren't what they used to be, so during one of these numerous missions I managed to tweak my back pretty badly. The next day I went to pick up Gage and I heard a loud pop. Yep, there went my herniated disc again. Ugh! So, I spent the remainder of the week on muscle relaxers and painkillers just to make it bearable to sit at my desk all day at work. Fortunately, I have a husband who is very understanding and a great hands-on dad, so in the evenings Corey picked up most of the slack so I could rest my back. I was finally able to walk upright by Saturday.

This I was most grateful for as we had made plans to hang out with our dear friend, Steph, whom we don't see nearly enough. We had a really great time hanging out and catching up. After chilling at her house, we all headed down to the Replay around 10:00 (which is usually our bedtime if everything goes well) to meet up with Steph's boyfriend and watch his band, the Marmots, play. However, they were the late show and by midnight we could not hang with the rock stars anymore. Wow, how things have changed since we became parents! Actually, believe it or not, I could've probably hung on another hour, but my dear hubby may have been hampered by imbibing a Jager Bomb or two (or three -- or four) too many. So, homeward bound we went without even getting to hear the band. Bummer. We'll definitely be better prepared next time!

Here's a little video of Riley demonstrating some more of his artistic tendencies. One evening this week Corey had to work late, so with my back being in such bad shape I wasn't up for much cooking, obviously, so I stopped off and grabbed some fries for the boys to have with their grilled cheeses for supper. Riley decided that his french fries made a perfect "paintbrush" to dip in his ketchup "paint" and used his sandwich as the canvas. He cracks me up. I don't know why, but the imaginative things he and his brother come up with always seem to surprise and astound me. There's also a little snippet of Gage doing his patented "dip, dip, dip" chant with his fries. I know you'll enjoy this one Grandma and Pop Pop = )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for yet another video.
Perfect way for Grandma to start the day. And yes Loved it, Loved it of course:)
Dip-Dip-Dip,Bye see ya:)