Thursday, October 22, 2009

So much fun, so much silliness, and so much sadness ...

We headed back home last weekend to attend a friend's birthday/Halloween party. My parents were gracious enough to allow us another date night (wow - 2 dates in 30 days ... that's a record!) and watched the boys. They took the kiddos to Rolling Acres Wildlife outside of Salina. The boys are still talking about it! They loved seeing all of the animals and spending time with their Grandma and Papa = ) Riley is also still asking each night if Grandma and Papa will take him to McDonald's for a snack. Oh the things that boy loves!

Papa trying to measure his big boys ...


My awesome hubby also had a super awesome surprise for me. I had no idea he was planning this. Usually, I'm not much for surprises, I prefer to do the planning ... but, I'll take this kind of surprise any day. You see, I've been complaining a lot lately that I haven't gotten a full night's sleep for quite a while. Each night, somewhere between 2:00 & 4:00, one or both of the boys will have a bad dream or two and need some comfort from mom. This usually results with them just climbing into bed with us. Yes, I know, I've created my own turmoil by allowing this, but I digress. Anyhow, as much as I love the snuggles and that my boys feel safe, it does greatly decrease the quality of sleep I get. Anyhow, Corey decided that he was going to make sure I got a full night's sleep and got us a hotel room for our date night with the kiddos staying with my mom and dad. Did I mention how wonderful this guy is? On top of this, he did not get just any hotel room ... he got the honeymoon suite complete with heart-shaped jaccuzzi. Let me tell you -- that jaccuzzi was the perfect answer for my frozen toes after spending all evening at the outdoor party! Aaaand, a fabulous way to relax before a much needed full night of uninterrupted sleep = )
Sweet Heart
Below are a couple of pictures of us before the party and some of the best costumes of the night ...
Corey as Howie Mandel from "Deal or No Deal",
Me as "Kate + 8"

Zach as a super dorky nerd boy,
Dinah as the creepiest doll in town!

Dale as a convict,
my sis Tracy as hottie Police Officer

Jenny as Tina Turner,
Nick as Mr T (he was the best!)
Jen as Mary Katherine Gallagher,
Corey again
What a super fun night with great friends!!!

When we got home, Riley was feeling extra silly. He decided he needed to change his clothes and this is the outfit he ended up with ...

What a character! (just in case you couldn't tell, those are underpants on his head, socks on his hands and a shirt as pants = )


Unfortunately, after all of the fun and games of the weekend, the work week had a very sad turn. Our sweet doggie, Gracie, has been slowly getting a little worse with each passing day. The cancer was just progressing so quickly and really causing her pain to the point where even on the medication, all she really could do was lay around. Even sitting was hurting her. So, we had to make the extremely difficult decision to have her euthanized. It was one of the saddest moments of my life, but it was the most humane thing we could do for her. At least now she is no longer in pain. I am so thankful for all of the love she shared with us over the years and all the wonderful memories we have with her. She was so loved and will forever be in our hearts. We love you Gracie!

No comments: