Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Colorado Rocks!

What an awesome trip! It was so good to see Tracy and do sister stuff = ) For the last couple of years -- basically since I became a mom -- we haven't really had much time to hang out and have real sister time as I am usually being beckoned by one of my little ones for something or other. So, as much as I missed my kiddos (and talked Tracy's ear off about them) it was equally nice to have conversations to our hearts desires without 10,000 interruptions = ) I am so proud of my sis for making this move out to Denver. I know it had to be very scary to pick up and move somewhere new where you know only a handful of work associates, but she has done it and is being such a trooper about it. Her new home is gorgeous and the area she lives in is lovely. It really reminds me of Overland Park, but with mountains = )

Here is the view driving to her house.
There was a storm moving in ...
the picture does not do it justice!
One of our adventures was taking a trip Red Rocks for a hike. This area is so amazing and the weather cooperated magnificently. It is really cool to see the different types of terrain converge ... it's like a combination of desert, mountains, and prairie all together. Awesome. We had a great time hiking the trails and taking in all of the sites. The altitude did get to me a couple of times though. One minute we'd be chugging along just dandy, then all of a sudden I'd be extremely light-headed and need to take a moment to compose myself. But all in all, it was wonderful. I'd love to hike that area every day!

Me in front of one of the spectacular rock structures.

Tracy and I sweatin' it up, but still smiling!


This capped off the end of our hike. We came around the corner to find this lovely doe grazing. She came within about 4 or 5 yards of us. Nature's beauty!


Another of the great sites we visited was the Denver Aquarium. It was awesome! I soooo can't wait to take the boys there, they will have so much fun! It was amazing viewing all of the sea life there, especially in the glass tunnel where you are surrounded on all sides by fish, sharks, sea turtles and more. Beautiful. I won't bore you with the plethora of pictures I took, but here are a couple of my faves ...


Ahhhh --- about to get chomped!


"Swimming" with the fish

Eerie ghostlike like jellyfish.
Other than that, we most just hung out, ate at great restaurants, did some shopping, and bonded while playing board games and enjoying cocktails (yeah, my hubby made major fun of us for that last one, but whatevs ... we had a great time!)

As much fun as I had visiting my sis, it was also wonderful to come back home. Corey greeted me at the airport with a warm hug and kiss which was lovely. It was so nice to have that friendly face waiting for me! After I got home and unpacked, I headed to daycare to pick up the boys. Gage spied me right away when I walked in the door and starting jumping up and down yelling "momma's here, momma's here ... look, there's my momma!" Riley quickly followed with a "moooooooooommmmmmm!" and huge hugs and smooches and a million stories. Perfect. Of course, once we headed home and I mentioned there were presents waiting from Aunt Tracy and me, that took center stage over my arrival. Ah, the attention span of toddlers = ) Regardless, it's great to be back home!

No comments: