Friday, April 10, 2009

Eggsellent ...

Well, for some reason, I decided it would be a fun idea to try and color Easter eggs this year with the boys. Thankfully, Wednesday turned out to be a gorgeous day so we embarked on this deliciously messy process outside. Thank you Mother Nature! Aside from me constantly yelling, "No! Don't drink that, that's pooey!" and "No! Don't put your hands in there, it will stain!" and "Please WAIT!" and .... well, you get the point. There were a lot of rules that were just too hard for two very curious and excited little boys to follow. Oh well, I'm pretty sure the boys had a good time anyhow, even though mommy was a stressed out mess. I've also decided this will definitely be a weekend event next year when poor mommy's nerves aren't already frazzled from a day at the office! We did get some cute pics of the boys, regardless. Hard not to do when the photo subjects are this darn cute = )

Gage checking on the dye process
Riley showing his lovely stained fingers and shirt


Gage after not listening to mommy and tasting the dye. Thankfully it's non-toxic! He didn't try this again, either. I guess mommy was right ... it was pooey!


Riley cheesing it up while Gage tries to grab an egg with his bare hands. Ahhhh!

Yay! The finished product! Immediately following this, Gage pulverized the egg in his hand and began eating it shell and all. He deemed it, "Yummy Good!" Geesh, that boy will eat anything!
HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!

1 comment:

WatchingTwoGrow said...

I read your blog not only because I love you guys but to prepare myself for the craziness boys bring to your life. I love every second of it. Happy Easter!