Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mom, More 'dem Hot Chi Peppers, Pweeeeeez!

Huh? What's that you say? Well, I just had to share this cute story real quick before it slips my ever-increasingly forgetful mind ...

This morning on the way to daycare, Riley began having a small meltdown as he decided he wanted his blankie and binkie and they were nowhere in sight. I did my usual explanation about how I know how much he loves those items, but they are for nigh-night and naptime only. Well, I'm sure you can envision how well that response was received!

So, I was growing impatient with his tantrum (as was Gage, he was screaming, "Riley! No No! Knock it off!") My sentiments exactly = )~ It was a little much to listen to at 7:40 in the morning! So, being the wonderful parent that I am, I decided to drown out Riley's pleadings for me to turn around with some music. Yeah, yeah, I know ... I'm a real mother-of-the-year candidate! Anyhow, my favorite station, Jack, was playing a music block, so this worked out nicely.

The next thing I know, both boys are swaying and be-bopping in their seats and having a grand ol' time! When the songs finished, Riley requested, "Mom, more dat, more dat!" I explained to him that the band was called Red Hot Chili Peppers, which brings us to the title of this post ... "Mom, More 'dem Hot Chi Peppers, Pweeeeeez!" Awwwe, I love my boys and I'm so proud they have such good taste in music! I'll have to stock some RHCP cd's in the car for future meltdown relief = )

No comments: