Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our Budding Photographer ...

Ok, so Riley is so very much into the stage of doing whatever Corey or I (or most any other adult for that matter) are doing. He wants to be a big person. And, of course, he wants to do everything himself -- with no direct help and as little guidance as possible. He is very independent, I have no idea where he gets that -- ha! Anyhow, I was snapping pictures of him and his brother playing around on the woodpile again and Riley wanted to see the pictures I had taken by looking at them on the viewfinder screen on the camera. After reviewing these pictures he declared, "Mom, I take 'pitchers' now." I tried to distract him for awhile because I really didn't want him messing around with my camera because he has a tendency to break things - sometimes intentionally, sometimes not. But, he was persistent in his requests, so I figured that I would trust him and let him have his shot --- he's never going to learn the right way to do things if I don't give him a chance. So, I bravely, yet hesitantly handed over my trusty Kodak and let him go to town. I wish I would've had another camera to take pictures of him taking "pitchers." He was so into it: framing his subjects, bossing people around, and then having an excited giggle after each click of the shutter - - adorable! = ) I know I have a tendency to probably be a little much of a doting mother, but I must say, he really took some good photos! Some maybe are a little avant garde or "pop" art, but still, who knows, maybe he has a future in it = ) Here's a few examples of his work, judge for yourself ...


Corey and I are still trying to figure out how he got the close-ups so clear. They are better than many of the pictures each of us have tried to take at that distance!

Well, that's all for now. We are all looking forward to Halloween. There will more pics to follow from that I'm sure. Who knows, maybe I'll even let Riley take a few then, too!

No comments: