Friday, August 17, 2012

County Fair ...

This year we were otherwise engaged during our regular hometown fair, so we headed over to the Leavenworth County Fair the following week in Tonganoxie. It was so fun! Much smaller and reminded me of the fairs I grew up with as a kid. The boys had a great time. Although, this year was a little bittersweet. During the carnival we split up - Gage with me and Riley with daddy. Riley is getting so big, he only wanted to ride the "grown up" rides. Gage was still content to hang out on the kiddo side. So, unfortunately, no pictures of Riley as I had the camera with me. But, I think we all enjoyed the one-on-one time immensely!

Riley chatting with the little goat - baaaaaa!

Gage got nipped and wasn't getting any closer than this to those frisky critters!

Right after this shot the goat tried to eat Corey's shirt!

A little more animal chit chatting.

On to the rides - Gage on the carousel. He "talked" to his "pony" the whole ride. He is hilarious with his storytelling!


Gage was a little hestiant to go on this spinning ride. He wanted me to come along to make sure no one spun the wheel too fast.
Goodness, he wasn't the one who needed saving - I did. Once he got the hang of it, he loved spinning us round and round!
Gage and I after the ride. I was nauseous at this point - but we both survived = )

Flying Dumbos - Gage's 2nd favorite ride.


On the Ferris Wheel - Gage's absolute favorite!

The pretty lights on the Ferris Wheel - Gage just HAD to take this pic = )

Right on cue - just as he has the last couple of years - Gage exclaiming, "I can see the whole world from up here!"

The boys re-fueling after all of the excitement = )

No comments: