Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's like trying to herd cats ...

I've heard this saying before and always thought that it was really just quite silly. There was even a Super Bowl commercial a few years ago depicting the scenario ... and I remember while watching it thinking that the computer generated graphics were pretty cool, but that the whole premise seemed rather ridiculous. Well, this was obviously all before I had children. With 2 boys that are well-entrenched into the "terrible two" phase, each and every day I find myself reflecting upon this cat herding phrase. I love cats. I even have two of them. But, I can't make them do a darn thing that I want them to no matter how hard I try. They just keep on doing whatever their little cat hearts desire. That is also how I feel about my two very strong-willed boys way more often than I care to admit. This morning seemed to be particularly exasperating with both Riley and Gage fleeing in opposite directions while I tried to wrangle them into our routine. I'd like to say I won, but I'm not quite sure that would be an honest assessment. Anyhow, this is mostly just rambling I needed to get off of my chest. I suppose I should be thankful that my boys are free thinkers who want to do things their own way instead of following the herd mentality. However, I wouldn't reject a little more of their cooperation from time to time, that's for sure! Ahhh, the joys of motherhood = )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess you'll have to get a water bottle and spray em like you used to do the cats :)
problem is those two will probably like that :)